Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Madera - Annie M.

Race report Madera Stage Race - Women 1-2

20 mile criterium, 4 corners. Another bad luck happened.


Within the first 10 laps, just as I was starting to get comfortable in the pack and we started speeding up... Going over the train tracks, I hit something and heard a big "crack". Then, my bike felt wrong. I stopped at the pit and realized that my front 404 was broken. Due to miscommunications with Coach Dan, I had no spare wheel in the pit... Ross saved the day by running to my car to get a spare wheel. ..The official let me go back in the race.. but put me one lap down (-2min). I returned to the race. I was a bit weird out and also mad at this new the bad luck. :-(. The rest of the race was uneventful. I finished mid-pack.


10 miles TT

Bees & wind added challenge to TT! It was hard. I gave everything I had, I thought.

I for sure need to become more aero. ...and mainly I guess, I need to work on pedaling harder and faster for the next TT.



68 miles RR, 4 laps

We did the first lap with an easy steady pace. The paces speeded up as soon as we started lap 2, and many attacks went. I stayed towards the front, and covered many of them... Early on, I made the break, 5 of us got away, it seemed strong. However, the peloton ate us just before the hills. I then realized that the 3 leaders of the stage race were in the break! The speed continued to be fast with many attacks going. I contributed in covering many of the attacks, worked hard, hoping for a successful break away but nothing was going to get away. On the last lap, we went easier thru the rough pavement section. We went pretty fast up the hills, but everyone seemed pretty tired. I had not much left in me! I rolled in behind the sprinters. It was a very hard race. I felt good. I might have done a bit too much work, given I had no team mate in the race. I wanted to see what I would be able to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment