Monday, June 14, 2010

District TT Championship

Here is the District TT race report from Haley Juno-Galdes, of the Bridge Team. Haley got 2nd in the Elite district TT...then got hit by a car in Menlo Park and broke her collarbone. Here's her report:

Race: CA/NV District Time Trial Championships
Place: 2nd Elite Women
Date: June 13, 2010

Andi and I drove part way to Sattley the night before the race and stayed in a nice little hotel with friends from Los Gatos, Jane and Jose.
The morning of the race we drove an hour or so to Sattley. Sattley is up at elevation hence the plan to stay low then go to the race as close to the start as possible so the altitude effects are lessened.

Andi brought a trainer and I started a nice warm up 45 minutes before my start. Everything was going well: calories consumed at the right time and nice warm up with some spin ups. The weather was cool and it was the perfect day.

I started out easy and brought the power up to where I thought I could hold it but at 40 minutes I cracked a bit. Not training for or doing any TTs over 10 miles may have contributed :)
I came in 2nd to Molly Van Houweling, who has won this race multiple times.

As an aside, two days after the race I was hit by a truck on Santa Cruz street in Menlo Park after a ride and got a concussion and broken collarbone. I was out for Nationals a week later up in Bend Oregon that I had been planning on. But now, collarbone is healing, I have been riding the trainer, and I should be ready to race again in August.

--Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment