Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dead Dog Classic

Dead Dog Classic
26-27th of June
Laramie, Wyoming
Team mates: solo mission

Results: 12th on GC
This weekend was tough. A three stage race in two days consisting of a 52-mile hilly race on the Saturday, and a 40min Pancake Flat 5 corner Crit followed by a 10-mile Rolling TT. All completed at 7,000 feet upwards to 11,000 feet.

Road race
Today was very windy and hot. The field stayed together before the climb where it all broke up. I was in the group of 8ish that were off the front. Towards peaking to hill for the turnaround back into town I got dropped. Finding my favourite place “middle of no man’s land” with four up the road and a chasing peloton behind, I was chasing hard to catch the group in front. After the solo mission in the wind, I was caught by the second group on the road with 3miles to go. Knowing I had down a far chunk racing by myself, I wasn’t going to let that work go down the drain at attacked to hold on to 5th or 6th final results not yet released. Megan Hoffman taking line honours.

Crit
40min of pain I was expecting lived up to the expectation. The gun went a so did two girls of the front on the pack. The two riders stayed away all day, with a positive group chasing for the first 10minutes, slowing become less hopeful as the race went on. Megan Hoffman won the sprint.

TT
Eddy Merckx style was my theme. Apparently Colorado people aren’t short on the old piece of TT equipment! Nevertheless I gave it everything of the 10mile gusty wind field course.

To sum up the weekend was great for training at altitude, higher then i have currently been at in Boulder. With results as mentioned still not posted, I was satisfied that I raced hard and happy with some form that may be coming! Megan Hoffman was clearly the strongest rider this weekend. I will be a guest rider for her team at Cascade in July, which I’m looking forward too!!

I would also like to congratulate Maura ‘Kinsey’ Kinsella on a solid 3rd u/23 at TT Nationals!

Till next time where the race report will be coming from Canada!

Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment