Saturday, April 24, 2010

Wente Road Race

Wente Road Race
Women’s 1,2
Teammates: Lauren

The course: 66 miles undulating with one climb each lap that was approximately 2 mile, 4 laps of the loop, 5 times up the climb to the finish.

This racing was challenging for a local race; the quality of the field was high with Peanut Butter and Tibco representing. The first lap was calm, the hammer went down on the second lap, and girls were spread out across the climb, but then regrouping took place on the downhill. The same was to be said for the third lap—no real groups being formed just spread out, battling for wheels up the climb. On the third lap downhill there was a group of 5 or so up the road and the remains of the “main” bunch, which I was in, turned very negative, with no one chasing down a gap of 20seconds to the “breakaway” riders. Half-hearted attempts were made, and I put in one large effort to catch the girls off the front, but honestly I was cooked by this time and really just needed another girl to hit over me once I pulled my turn, but there were no takers. The last lap saw our group getting even more negative. The final result was Shelly Evans taking the win. Lauren did a great job to finish in the third bunch, 19th place. I placed 13th, good last hit out before The Tour of Gila next week in Silver City, New Mexico.

Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment