Friday, April 9, 2010

Copperopolis

From Ange McClure on the Bridge team, a race report describing the Copperopolis experience with a broken wrist:

Copperopolis – 100k road race 3 loops Women's 1/2

Saturday 3rd of April

There is a fine line between pushing injuries to get better while still trying to get every mile you can before you push it too far. Unfortunately despite the frustration of just wanting to race Copperopolis on the weekend I had to pull the pin on the first lap. When coach Dan said “it’s rough” I took it in my breeze and thought to myself “I’ll be right!” For those of you that don’t know I broke my wrist 1 week before coming to the US and it has not fully healed yet.

Copperopolis is a tough road race not just because of the two decent hills, and the rapid descent but because of the race surface, the best way I can describe it is like plated concrete with lap gaps in-between, for 80% of the loop, hence I had to take the option to save my wrist the risk of further damage and headed to the car after lap one, to rug up and head out in search for some smoother roads!

The race I hear from my Aussie friend Jazzy unfolded with it lighting up in the later stages, the result being Mary Maroon in 2nd, a former team mate of mine who guest rode with the Bridge Team at San Dimas.

Till next time

Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment