Saturday, February 20, 2010

Berkeley Hills TTT Race Report

Berkeley Hills TTT Race Report
Place: 3rd, Women's 1/2

Lauren and I ventured to Berkeley to compete in our first real TTT together. Unfortunately, neither of us was feeling too hot after a long, brutal Training Camp. While warming up, I could tell that I wasn’t going to be able to bring much to the table with a perceived exertion much higher than normal and legs feeling like concrete-jello.

Before the start, we kept telling ourselves that we were going to push really hard only on the second half. But… I was on my new, beautiful Leopard TT bike and got excited, jumping ahead, and completely throwing off any rhythm. Throughout the race, we quickly realized that as little legs as I had, Lauren had even less (which never happens).

We wound up finishing third out of four teams in the Women’s 1,2… which was clearly all due to our huge disadvantage of not wearing TT helmets!

Next time we’ll have our rhythm so BEWARE.

Tata,

Maura

No comments:

Post a Comment