Friday, July 1, 2011

Burlingame Crit 2011

Here's Holly's race report from Burlingame; she's turning into a crit monster!

Race Report The Parnassus Investments Burlingame Criterium, W P1/2/3
9th of 42
No teammates -- at Dairyland and Nationals
6/26/11

The Bridge Team spanned the US this weekend with Bec, Emily, Haley, Jane, and Dan in the Midwest, Mary in the South, and me holding down our fort in CA.

There was a great racing atmosphere with summer weather, a fast and fun course, and local residents out to watch. The crit circled downtown Burlingame in 0.7 miles with 5 right turns and 1 left to keep us from getting too dizzy. This marked my 4th ever crit, but intimidation and a bit of fear are being gradually replaced by love! High intensity, fast corners, and surprise primes make for an exciting game.

The pack of 42 held tight through the early laps, but just 2 in I rode over something nasty, punctured, and was sidelined to the neutral pit. I am so grateful for the speedy mechanics and the sweet wheel that I used for the rest of the race. I rejoined on lap 3 with a focus of keeping toward the front and going with attacks. I am learning to be less conservative and found myself in position to contest a prime, lead for a bit, and stay in the mix for the finishing sprint. The 40-minute race was over in a flash, and I crossed the line in 9th place.

It was another weekend with a lot of Webcor green going really fast. Good job, & I hope to see you this weekend too! Thanks for reading!

Holly

Follow the Bridge Team:
http://www.facebook.com/AVBridge
http://avbridge.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment